Learn when & if rental deposits can be refunded to tenants.
Tenants pay rental deposits before moving in & after their application & background check are approved by our Property Management team.
If you are on a lease-to-purchase agreement, this information may vary. Please reach out to our office directly and speak to a representative.
When a tenant is moving out of the leased unit, the Property Management team will go through a few steps to determine if the deposit can be refunded to the tenant. Click here to read more about the move-out process.
During that process, we look to see that all of the following are true:
- The unit is clean
- All personal belongings have been removed
- The unit has been completely vacated
- The unit is in the same or similar condition as it was when the tenant moved in
- The tenant does not currently owe any outstanding fees
- There is no damage to the property
- The tenant is not being evicted
- The tenant has completed the Move Out Checklist
If all the above are true, the tenant will receive the full amount of their deposit back after the move-out process has been completed.
Deposit refunds are issued in the form of a check payable to the tenant.