Learn more about how we verify income on our rental applications for self employed individuals.
If you're self-employed, we will accept an application, so long as:
- The applicant can provide documentation (such as tax returns) that proves the self-employment income is sufficient to make the monthly rental payment.
- The applicant's income is deemed as coming from a recurring & reliable source.
Applicants that rely solely on alimony, child support, unemployment, and trust funds will not qualify.
How to add other forms of income to our rental application:
- Visit our website to apply for any properties listed
- Select the Apply Now button
- When you arrive at the "Your Income Page," fill out the type of payments you receive or where you receive them from:
For example, "Self Employed."
- On the following tab labeled "Income Verification," you can connect your bank account or the Skip option at the bottom.
You will have the option to upload supplementary income documents on the "Attach Documents" page.
All other rental qualifications & stipulations will apply. You can read about our other qualifications here.